Best Mountain Bike Pumps Review of 2018 with Buying Guide
When you are on the trail, you need to be very careful about the accessories that you are packing. Everything you add can slow you down if you are not careful about the weight. Nevertheless, you need to make sure that your accessories are reliable and will work the way you need them to. Here’s the quick answer of top 10 bicycle pumps of this year (2018) for you:
- Mini Bike Pump & Glueless Puncture Repair Kit
- DOKO-IN Mini Bike Pump With Gauge
- Performance Bike Floor Pump & Glueless Puncture Kit
- Bodyguard Mini Bike Pump – Reliable Hand Air Pump
- GENUINE INNOVATIONS Air Chuck Inflator CO2
- CO2 Inflator with Cartridge Storage Canister by Pro Bike Tool
- Bike Floor Pump By Kolo Sports
- DBPOWER 12V DC Air Compressor Pump by 150PSI with Digital Gauge
- Floor Foot Pump Aluminum High Pressure Air Pump Foot Inflator [2018 UPGRATED]
- BV Bicycle Ergonomic Bike Floor Pump with Gauge & Smart Valve Head
The Best Mountain Bike Pumps are essential if you are an avid mountain bikes lover. Even if you are an amateur, you need to make sure that you have packed a reliable pump that will help you ride safely. Mountain bikers usually use bike pumps more often than people who use their commuting bikes. This is because they are more likely going to face obstacles, rocks, and bushes that can deflate their tires.
- 1 Best Mountain Bike Pumps Reviews
- 1.1 Mini Bike Pump & Glueless Puncture Repair Kit
- 1.2 DOKO-IN Mini Bike Pump With Gauge
- 1.3 Performance Bike Floor Pump & Glueless Puncture Kit
- 1.4 Bodyguard Mini Bike Pump – Reliable Hand Air Pump
- 1.5 GENUINE INNOVATIONS Air Chuck Inflator CO2
- 1.6 CO2 Inflator with Cartridge Storage Canister by Pro Bike Tool
- 1.7 Bike Floor Pump By Kolo Sports
- 1.8 DBPOWER 12V DC Air Compressor Pump, Digital Tire Inflator by 150PSI with Digital Gauge
- 1.9 [2018 UPGRATED]Portable Bike Pump, Floor Foot Pump Aluminum High Pressure Air Pump Foot Inflator
- 1.10 BV Bicycle Ergonomic Bike Floor Pump with Gauge & Smart Valve Head
- 2 How to Choose the Best Mountain Bike Pumps?
Best Mountain Bike Pumps Reviews
We understand that with MTBs, safety comes first. In our quest to find the best mountain bike floor pump, we asked several mountain bikers to test and review some of the best-selling products on the market. In this section, you will find their honest reviews which can help you pick an adequate pump.
Mini Bike Pump & Glueless Puncture Repair Kit
This pump occupies the first place in our list because it is reliable in spite of its small size. With this pump, you will be able to handle a punctured tire anywhere. It is compatible with various valves so you don’t have to change your valve when you are on the trail.
The pump features a clever fit that doesn’t leak and a firm grip when you are on your mountain biking adventure. It even comes with Velcro straps that will secure the pump in its place. This is a sturdy pump that will handle the harsh conditions on the trail since it is made of aluminum. Moreover, it is very lightweight so it won’t weigh you down. It even comes with a glueless puncture kit to help you get on the trail fast.
With this pump, you will get more air per stroke. It can pump up to 120 PSI which is what you need to ride safely.
- A mini lightweight sturdy pump to help you enjoy your ride.
- Compatible with various valves.
- More air per stroke up to 120 PSI.
- A secure fit that doesn’t leak.
- Velcro straps that will secure the pump in place.
- Comes with a glueless puncture kit.
- Doesn’t feature a pressure gauge.
DOKO-IN Mini Bike Pump With Gauge
This is a versatile pump that you can use to inflate your MTB bike or basketball in no time. You can reach up to 210 PSI easily without straining your muscles. It is very safe to use as you will not have to deal with the high pressure that might cause your tube to be blown away. It comes with a red button to reduce the excess pressure so you can ride safely. The pressure gauge is accurate so you know exactly the pressure of your tires before you hit the road.
You don’t have to use pliers to switch your valves because this pump works on any valve. It will protect your valve and you won’t have to deal with a bent or broken valve. The pump also allows you to inflate your tires from different angles. This makes it extremely safe and convenient to use.
Your pump will secure easily to the tire without having to waste time. It is a sturdy aluminum pump which is also light to carry around. It is built to last for long.
- A versatile pump that works with various valves.
- You can reach up to 210 PSI to inflate your tires easily and quickly.
- An accurate pressure gauge.
- Quick release button to reduce the excess pressure.
- Protects your valves.
- Convenient and easy pumping from various angles.
- This pump might not work very well with wheels that are smaller than 26”. With these wheels, the valve stems are short and will not attach securely to the pump.
Performance Bike Floor Pump & Glueless Puncture Kit
When you are shopping for a bike pump, you want to make sure that it is sturdy and reliable. The worst thing that could happen to you is to have to handle a flat tire on a rough trail if your pump didn’t work properly. But with this pump, you know that you’ve got your back covered. It works with different valves and seals securely so there will no leaks. Once you start pumping your flat tire, you won’t have to repeat the job. This is a bike pump that can save your time and effort.
It inflates fast up to 160 PSI. Moreover, it comes with an accurate gauge to know the exact pressure of your tires. With this amazing pump, there will be no mistakes. It is built to last and will allow you to enjoy your mountain biking adventure regardless of the conditions.
Don’t worry if things get challenging. It comes with an emergency puncture kit to help you handle any situation easily. When it is not in use, the storage clip will allow you to carry it conveniently. It even comes with a special needle to inflate toys and balls. It is a must-have.
- Easy valve switch.
- No leaks.
- Inflates fast up to 160 PSI.
- Accurate pressure gauge.
- An emergency puncture kit.
- A special needle to inflate toys and balls.
- The plastic base feels a little bit flimsy.
Bodyguard Mini Bike Pump – Reliable Hand Air Pump
This is an incredible pump that you can use with your mountain bike or any other bike in case of a flat tire. It features an improved hose that works with different valves as it features 2 different ends. Say goodbye to flat tires and to damaged valves.
It is a versatile pump that can easily switch from high volume to high pressure. This means that you safely use it with your MTB or commuting bike. It inflates your tires safely up to 260 PSI with no leaks as it secures tightly to your valves. This is a great bike pump that will save your time and effort when you are on the trail.
The flexible hose and the small pump allow you to inflate your tires even when the valves are weirdly placed. The hose easily stores to emphasize the compactness of the pump. It is made of aluminum alloy which is very durable yet very lightweight. This will not represent a burden when you are on your MTB.
- Sturdy aluminum body.
- Very light and convenient to carry on your MTB.
- Works with various valves thanks to the double ended hose.
- Switches easily from high volume to high pressure.
- Fast and effortless inflation up to 260 PSI.
- No leaks.
- The pump attaches to the body of the bike using pieces of plastic that can be easily broken.
GENUINE INNOVATIONS Air Chuck Inflator CO2
If you are looking for the lightest bike pump on the market, then this is definitely the one to pick. It is fast and very easy to carry. This CO2 inflator will inflate your tires in a blink thanks to the push-to-inflate feature. All you have to do is to secure it to the valve of your tire and let it work its magic. There are no leaks and no need to spend too much time or effort.
This CO2 is the best to pack on your MTB adventure since you can use it using one hand. This is what makes it extremely reliable when you are exploring rough terrains. It works with different valves and provides controllable inflation.
This inflator comes with 2 cartridges to use when you are on the trail. Even if you are not an expert, you will be able to get it right the first time since it comes with an easy to read instructions sheet. This is the best inflator for riders who don’t want to waste any second of their mountain biking time.
- Very lightweight inflator.
- Push-to-inflate mechanism for fast operation.
- Can be used using one hand.
- Controllable inflation.
- Works with different valves.
- You need to buy or replace your cartridges often.
CO2 Inflator with Cartridge Storage Canister by Pro Bike Tool
This is the best portable bike pump that will allow you to hit the road fast. It inflates your tire in a matter of seconds thanks to the 1-turn valve. If you are still experimenting with mountain biking, then this is definitely the pump to pick. You don’t need to switch your valve heads as it features twin heads to work on any valve. With this pump, there will be no leaks or errors. You can also regulate the speed of the CO2 release to inflate your tire accurately and precisely.
You can safely store the cartridge when you are not busy inflating your tires. The canister body will insulate the cold to protect your hands from freeze burns when you are using it. The size of this pump is exceptionally small which makes it very convenient to carry on your next mountain biking adventure. You can easily put it on your backpack or even in your pocket to get access to your pump any time you like.
It is very durable and built to last. You can rest assured that it won’t break into pieces even if it is hit hard. It is the best bike pump for beginners.
- Lightweight and very durable body.
- 1-turn valve that controls the release of the CO2.
- Regulates the speed of the inflation to avoid accidents.
- Dual valve heads for easy operation.
- Compact size for easy storage and transportation.
- You need to buy or replace the cartridges to have your pump ready.
Bike Floor Pump By Kolo Sports
With this compact bike pump, you will be able to inflate your tires to perfection. There will be no leaks because it fits various valves perfectly. In spite of the small size, this bike pump is extremely reliable and will not disappoint you when you are exploring rough terrains.
This bike pump can fill tires up to 160 PSI and is very sturdy. The barrel is made of steel and not flimsy plastic, so you know that it is built to last. It also features a big gauge that is very easy to read. Now you can make sure that your tires are properly inflated which will guarantee your safety. It also helps your tires last longer.
You can reach the valves whichever way they are positioned. The pump features a long and flexible hose that you can rely on whenever you need to inflate your tires. In case of a puncture, you will be able to fix it in no time thanks to the emergency puncture kit.
- A compact bike pump that doesn’t leak.
- Works with various valves.
- A strong steel barrel.
- Big and accurate pressure gauge.
- Long and flexible hose.
- Features an emergency puncture kit.
- The lever that locks the pump is rather small.
DBPOWER 12V DC Air Compressor Pump, Digital Tire Inflator by 150PSI with Digital Gauge
This is a reliable and strong pump that you can depend on when you are exploring rough terrains on your bike. It is rugged to withstand the harsh conditions so it is unlikely to break or malfunction. It can inflate low and flat tires in a very little time, so you can enjoy your MTB experience to the max.
The auto On and Off function stops the pump once you reach the desired pressure, which will lengthen the life of your tires. You can also pre-set a pressure so that that is very easy to use even if this is the first time you use the pump.
This bike pump features a backlit LCD that you can safely use at night. It is also very bright and can be used in the sunlight, too. The pressure gauge gives an accurate and precise reading, so you can now rest assured knowing that your tires are in perfect condition. It comes with different nozzles to inflate the tires on your bike, car or any other inflatable object. It also features a long cord that will reach all your wheels without having to move your pump around.
- A digital bike pump with pre-set pressure option.
- Easy on/off function with precise results.
- A pressure gauge that gives accurate reading.
- Backlit LCD that you can use in bright or dim light.
- Various nozzles to inflate different objects with no problem whatsoever.
- This bike pump is loud compared to other products on the market.
[2018 UPGRATED]Portable Bike Pump, Floor Foot Pump Aluminum High Pressure Air Pump Foot Inflator
This is an accurate and easy to use bike pump. It is designed for accurate and precise operation and updated using the latest technologies to guarantee the success of your experience on the trail. The compact design will save space and is very convenient to use, yet it will not affect the efficiency of this pump. It can instantly switch between different switches so that you are always ready.
The foldable design is extremely convenient as you can easily store this pump or carry it when you are on the bike. All you have to do is to step on the lever and your tires will start to inflate instantly. It is so much easier to use than hand pumps that will strain your muscles and take more time. The rubber feet will secure the pump in its place so it won’t move to avoid mistakes. It features a pressure gauge so you can read the exact pressure of your tires. It can reach up to 200 PSI in no time.
The locking mechanism will help you avoid over-inflating your tires thus maintaining their condition. It is the best pump to inflate the tires of your MTB but it can also inflate the tires of your car, your mattress, and any other inflatable object.
- A convenient foldable bike pump for easy transport and storage.
- Use the foot pedal to inflate your tires instead of your hands.
- Rubber feet to secure the pump in place.
- Reaches up to 200 PSI fast.
- Comes with a pressure gauge to give an accurate and precise reading.
- It tends to rattle when you are attaching it to the bike.
BV Bicycle Ergonomic Bike Floor Pump with Gauge & Smart Valve Head
You need a safe pump that will prevent leaks when you are on the MTB. This bike pump is very convenient to use because it works with various valves. You need to pack this pump for your next MTB adventure because it is durable and reliable. It inflates your tires fast up to 160 PSI. It also comes with a flexible hose that rotates up to 360 degrees to reach the valve even if it is placed at weird angle.
You can easily rely on this pump because it features an accurate and big pressure gauge. It is very easy to read and will allow you to inflate your tires to perfection. It is made of durable and lightweight aluminum that will not break or bend even if you accidentally drop it.
In spite of the compact size of this pump, it is guaranteed to keep your tires properly inflated whenever you decide to use it. The big handle is very easy to use. Moreover, a lot of users are impressed by the ergonomic design that is very easy to carry and the feet that will keep it stable.
- An ergonomic design to inflate your tires fast.
- Stable base and a durable aluminum body.
- Big handle for convenient use.
- Large and accurate pressure gauge.
- Extra-long and flexible hose.
- If not used properly, it might bend the valve.
How to Choose the Best Mountain Bike Pumps?
Mountain bike pumps come in all shapes and sizes. If you are looking for the best one to add to your MTB kit, then you have come to the right place. Here are a few features that you need to look for when you are shopping for the best cycle pumps:
Easy to Use
This is a no-brainer. What good would your bike pump be if you can’t use it when you need it the most? Some bike pumps are very well made but you can’t use them easily. They could be difficult to assemble or feature too many parts which make them inconvenient to use.
Make sure that your bike pump is designed for fast and hassle-free operation. You don’t have to be an experienced mechanic to inflate your tires on the trail. A pump that features an on/off button can be extremely useful when you are exploring rough terrains.
Whether you are picking foot pumps or hand pumps, you need to make sure that your tires will reach the right pressure fast. You don’t really need to spend too much time trying to get your bike back on the trail.
Make sure that your tire will reach the desired pressure fast so you don’t have to finish your trip with a flat tire. It is also wise to pick a model that will not strain your muscles to reach the desired pressure.
Although this is not found in every bike pump, it is very convenient to have. Inflating your tires without being able to know the exact pressure can be problematic. Over or under inflating your tires can damage them in the long run or make your bike unsafe to use.
It is a great plus if your pressure gauge is easy to use in different light conditions. Some models feature an LCD screen with backlight that will allow you to read the exact pressure of your tires. Some models also feature LED light that makes the use so much easier and more convenient.
This is another feature that can become handy when you are exploring the trail. If your tire is punctured, this kit will allow you to fix the puncture safely. This means that you can get on the trail as fast as possible. Look for models that come with a puncture kit, especially if your trail is usually full of rocks and sharp obstacles. You’ll never know when you will need one.
Riding with a deflated tire is disappointing and dangerous. But what is worse, is having a pump that will not re-inflate your tire fast or properly. This means that you will have to drag your mountain bike to the nearest stop, which typically sucks the fun out of your whole experience.
Buying the mountain bike pumps guarantees that you will be able to explore any trail regardless of how challenging it is. Make sure that you pick a reliable model that will keep you safe and ensure that you can enjoy your time.