Mountain biking is a great sport that you can practice alone, as a member of a pack or with friends. It is an excellent chance to experience the outdoors and the wilderness while practicing a satisfying cardio. Not only will you be losing weight and getting in shape but mountain biking is also a great chance to get away from the stress of everyday life.
Buying a reliable mountain bike is a long term decision since you will be using it for a good number of years. A heavy-duty mountain bike will keep you safe on the trail and will allow you to enjoy the wilderness. Before you start looking for the Best Mountain Bikes under 400, you should make sure that it is appropriate for your level of experience.
- 1 About Best Mountain Bikes Under 400 Dollars
- 2 Review of Top 10 Mountain Bikes under 400
- 2.1 1. 2017 Gravity FSX 1.0 Dual Full Suspension Mountain Bike
- 2.2 2. Merax Finiss 26″ Aluminum 21 Speed Mg Alloy Wheel Mountain Bike
- 2.3 3. Mountain Bike, MINGDI 26” MTB 24 Speed Bicycle with Disc Brakes
- 2.4 4. Vilano 26-Inch Frame Mountain Bike Ridge 2.0 MTB 21 Speed Shimano with Disc Brakes
- 2.5 5. Diamondback Bicycles 2016 Laurito Hardtail Complete Mountain Bike (27.5-Inch Wheels)
- 2.6 6. 2017 Gravity FSX 2.0 Dual Full Suspension Mountain Bike Shimano Acera Suntour
- 2.7 7. OPATER MTB Mountain Bike 26″ 24 Speed Sturdy Carbon Steel Frame Bike For Men and Women (Black)
- 2.8 8. Vilano Blackjack 3.0 29er Mountain Bike MTB with 29-Inch Wheels
- 2.9 9. Raleigh Bikes Talus 2 Mountain Bike
- 2.10 10. MINGDI MTB 27 Speed Mountain Bike 26 inch Bicycle with Disc Brakes:
- 3 Buying Guide For Best Mountain Bikes Under 400 Dollars
About Best Mountain Bikes Under 400 Dollars
A mountain bike is a bicycle with rather strong and hard frame. It should always feature broad deep-treated tires that will stay stable even on the most difficult terrains. Mountain bikes share a lot of qualities with other bikes, but they feature special traits to enhance durability and performance.
A mountain bike is usually ridden on rough trails and unpaved paths. This is why it should be safe and sturdy; otherwise, you might be subject to injuries. The sport has become quite popular since the 1970s. As a result, a lot of enhanced and improved models were designed to be more durable and safer.
Review of Top 10 Mountain Bikes under 400
We tried to test and review the Top Ten Mountain Bikes under 400 to help you with your purchase decision. This is a complete guide that will help people choose the best bike for a safe and enjoyable ride.
1. 2017 Gravity FSX 1.0 Dual Full Suspension Mountain Bike
A lot of people feel confused when they are looking for a suitable mountain bike. Durable products might be too heavy which makes them difficult to control and handle. While lightweight models might not be stable enough on the trail. But if you are looking for a well-built product that won’t break down, then this is the one you should consider. It won’t bend or shatter even on the wildest terrains. It is designed to keep your safe and confident even if you are not a mountain bike expert. It is the perfect combination of sturdiness and speed.
This mountain bike features easy to use Shimano Shifters for an easy and convenient ride. At the same time, you get to adjust the suspension according to your convenience. It features strong and light double wall rims for a stable ride on the road. The wheels are also quick release at the front and rear so that you can change them quickly and safely whenever you need to. It has 24 speeds for different abilities and comes in various sizes to suit different heights. The seat is super comfortable and will not strain your back even when you ride it for long hours.
Features at a Glance
- A lightweight Aluminum mountain bike that won’t break or bend easily.
- Safe to ride even on the wildest and roughest trails.
- Front and rear disc brakes.
- Quick release wheels.
- Adjustable suspension with 24 speeds to choose from.
2. Merax Finiss 26″ Aluminum 21 Speed Mg Alloy Wheel Mountain Bike
When you are purchasing a mountain bike, you need to make sure that you are buying a sturdy and durable one. This is a great bike that will not break or bend even on the roughest paths. The frame is made from Aluminum which is one of the sturdiest metals out there. At the same time, it is very lightweight. This means that you will have the chance to go fast and wild on your mountain bike while riding the safest mountain bike on the market.
The wheels are made from Magnesium alloy which is also very durable and very light. The wheels will not break or bend even if you are riding your bike on a rough trail. Some bikes are not durable enough to be ridden on an unpaved and unprepared trail that has a lot of rocks or stones. But this amazing bike is different.
This bike is just the right weight to be stable on the trail. At the same time, it will not be very difficult to handle or stir. It features a reliable front suspension fork that will keep you confident and safe. It also comes with wonderful shifters and 21 speeds for a great and amazing ride on the wildest paths. The front and rear disc brakes system will keep you relaxed. You can easily make this reliable bike stop even on the most difficult trails with no problem whatsoever.
Features at a Glance
- Strong and reliable Aluminum frame with durable Magnesium Alloy wheels.
- The lightweight frame that will allow you to go fast even on the roughest paths.
- Front suspension fork that will allow you to stop the bike fast.
- Front and rear disc brakes so that the bike can stop easily and fast.
- Reliable shifter with 21 speeds for your convenience.
3. Mountain Bike, MINGDI 26” MTB 24 Speed Bicycle with Disc Brakes
There is no doubt that Aluminum the best material for mountain bikes. It is very durable and sturdy. It doesn’t rust or bend easily and at the same time, it is very lightweight. Mountain bikes that are made from Aluminum are perfect for riding on wild trails. Aluminum bikes are easy to control and will not break even when you step on a rough stone.
This bike has dependable shifters and 24 speeds to suit every experience level. The shifters are very easy to control and will enable you to ride with confidence. The suspension front fork increases your control over the bike even on the roughest bumps. This is a great bike for a smooth ride even on the roughest trails. Moreover, it features front and rear disc brakes for easy control. This is the best mountain bike to buy if you want a safe and reliable product.
Features at a Glance
- Reliable heat treated Aluminum that is sturdy and lightweight.
- Sturdy wheels with double wall Aluminum rim for easy rolling and speeding.
- Strong shifters with 24 speeds to suit every experience level.
- Front suspension fork for stability even on the wildest trails.
- Front and rear disc brakes for better control and safety.
4. Vilano 26-Inch Frame Mountain Bike Ridge 2.0 MTB 21 Speed Shimano with Disc Brakes
Mountain biking is for everybody. You can practice mountain biking whether you are a man or a woman, with a lot of experience or none. But you need to make sure that you are not only buying one of the Best Mountain Bikes under 400, but also buying an appropriate product. If your mountain bike is too small, you might not be able to ride comfortably especially on a rough trail. If it is too big, you might fall off the frame while riding.
The wheels on this bike will look great. They are highly versatile and will allow you to take your mountain bike easily from a rough trail to the street. This is a great entry level bike that is suitable for beginners because it is easy to control and stir. It also comes with laid-back to control shifters and 21 speeds for all abilities.
Features at a Glance
- Incredible entry level that you can easily take from the roughest trail to the street. It is suitable for mountain biking and commuting regardless of your experience level.
- Sturdy and lightweight Aluminum frame in addition to strong Magnesium wheels.
- Comes in 2 different sizes for various frames.
- Front suspension fork so that you can control the mountain bike even on the toughest trail.
- Easy shifting with 21 speeds for all abilities.
5. Diamondback Bicycles 2016 Laurito Hardtail Complete Mountain Bike (27.5-Inch Wheels)
Mountain biking is a marvelous sport that will help you get in shape. But using the right equipment will enable you to ride peacefully even on the most difficult trails. This is why you should make sure that you are buying a remarkable and sturdy mountain bike that won’t break or bend.
The 7-speed reliable derailleurs are coupled with 3 chain rings that will offer 21 speeds for your convenience. This bike is great for beginners and for commuting around town. It also features good suspension for easy control on the most difficult trails. This bike is suitable for exceptional stability on the trail. It will always stay perfect and safe during the wildest rides. The size is perfect for medium and small frames. You will be able to ride this mountain bike comfortably regardless of the level of your experience.
Features at a Glance
- High-quality heat treated Aluminum frame that won’t break or bend easily.
- 27.5 inches bike that will go smoothly on the roughest trails.
- Quick release wheels for maximum convenience.
- Easy shifting with 21 speeds.
- Great front fork suspension for safety and stability.
6. 2017 Gravity FSX 2.0 Dual Full Suspension Mountain Bike Shimano Acera Suntour
There are lots of products on the market, but finding the best mountain bike can be a bit tricky. This is why you need to make sure that you are choosing an exceptional bike that will stay safe and stable even on the wildest trails. This wonderful mountain bike is strong and durable. It comes at a great price range with 24 speeds. This is a terrific bike that is suitable for entry level mountain biking and beginners since it is very sturdy.
This bike features front and rear suspension for easy control. The quick release wheels are easy to replace. It also comes in various sizes to suit different frames. This means that you will be able to ride it comfortably and safely regardless of your weight. The various speeds are suitable for different abilities. With a little time for complete assembly, you will be able to explore the most challenging trails with ease.
Features at a Glance
- An advanced Aluminum frame that will not break or bend.
- Durable construction for stability and safety on the road.
- Sturdy quick release wheels for your convenience.
- Rear and front suspension for easy control.
- 24 speeds and various sizes for different frames.
- You can ride it safely even on the most difficult trails.
7. OPATER MTB Mountain Bike 26″ 24 Speed Sturdy Carbon Steel Frame Bike For Men and Women (Black)
There is always a tradeoff between sturdiness and lightweight when you are shopping for the best Mountain Bikes under 400. Durable and sturdy bikes that are designed for tough rides on the roughest trails are rather heavy. This could be a real problem especially if you are a beginner. Your mountain bike will not be easy to control or stir. Even if you are an expert, riding a heavy bike is not convenient. You will not be able to enjoy your time as much as you need to. But this problem has been solved thanks to the sturdy and durable carbon steel frame. This is one of the toughest materials out there. At the same time, this is a very lightweight bike. This means that your bike will not break or bend. It will also be very fast on the toughest trails.
There will be no problem riding this superior bike as it comes with fast shifting rear derailleurs. This is a compact yet sturdy mountain bike that you can bring even on public transportation with no problem. It is suitable for both men and women and can handle a maximum weight for 210 Ibs. It comes with a front tube double bag and a reflective strip for night safety. In addition to that, it comes with a resourceful tool kit that will enable you to maintain it easily.
Features at a Glance
- Versatile mountain bike that can be used for leisure, commuting and mountain biking on rough trails.
- Sturdy, lightweight carbon steel design. It is durable but fast.
- Folding properties to fit into the smallest storage spaces. It can be taken on a train or a bus with no problem.
- Easy shifting of gears.
- Sturdy front fork for reliable suspension.
- Reflective strip for night safety.
8. Vilano Blackjack 3.0 29er Mountain Bike MTB with 29-Inch Wheels
This is a hand built 29er that suitable for rough trails. It is an affordable mountain bike with a hard trail frame. Durability is not an issue because this bike is designed to withstand even the toughest terrains. It features mechanical disc brakes that allow for easy control and maneuverability. This wonderful mountain bike has a great suspension fork with lockout. This means that it will be stable and easy to control and stir. Whether you are a beginner or an expert, riding this mountain bike will be great fun.
The wheels on this outstanding bike feature double wall alloy rims. This means that they will be sturdy and durable. They are 29 inches for a wonderful ride through bumps and unpaved trails. It features high-quality gear shifters for the best experience. It also has 24 speeds to cater for all levels of experience and needs.
Features at a Glance
- An affordable yet strong mountain bike that is suitable for tough trails.
- Lightweight and durable bike. It can speed up on the road and it won’t break or bend.
- Responsive front and rear disc brakes for easy control.
- Great suspension for better control.
- Easy and reliable shifting with 24 speeds.
9. Raleigh Bikes Talus 2 Mountain Bike
When you are looking for a suitable mountain bike, you need to make sure that you are buying a reliable and sturdy product. Moreover, you need to buy a mountain bike that is appropriate for your build and frame. Whether you are short or tall, you could always find a great mountain bike that is the proper fit. This excellent mountain bike comes in 4 different sizes to suit different builds and frames. You can easily go through the sizing chart and this will enable you to choose the appropriate one.
This mountain bike is a customer’s favorite since it features reliable shifters. With 21 gears to choose from, you will be able to ride this bike through different terrains. If you are looking for an affordable yet reliable mountain bike, then this is definitely the one you should consider.
Features at a Glance
- An affordable mountain bike that is designed to meet your expectations.
- Well-built bike that comes in 4 different sizes to suit various frames.
- Suitable for everyday commuting as well as wild experiments and adventures.
- Reliable suspension fork for stability.
- Reliable shifters with 21 gears to choose from.
10. MINGDI MTB 27 Speed Mountain Bike 26 inch Bicycle with Disc Brakes:
You don’t have to choose between the durability and speed. This is a strong bike that won’t break or bend. This bike is made from heat treated Aluminum that will stay in great shape even on the toughest trails. Also, it is a very lightweight bike that you can ride comfortably even on the wildest tracks. The wheels are 26 inches with double wall aluminum rims for easy rolling. You will be able to ride this bike comfortably even through rough bumps.
It comes with 27-speed derailleurs and shifters for reliable shifting. This means that you will ride this bike comfortably even if the trail is very rough. It comes with a sturdy double suspension fork for more control and stability. It also has front and rear disc brakes for safety and reliability. The wheels are anti–skid and wear resistant. This means that you will always stay safe even if you are riding on a rather challenging trail.
The middle crank is marvelous for smooth cycling on tough trails. It also has a rubber covered solid stand for stable support. Moreover, it looks good with long lasting paint that will last for long years of mountain biking.
>>> Click Here To See Specifications, Customer Reviews & Rating <<<
Features at a Glance
- Reliable and durable carbon steel mountain bike that is very sturdy and lightweight.
- 26 inches anti-skid and wear resistant tires. You will always stay safe even on rough trails.
- 27-speed derailleurs and shifters for reliable shifting.
- Double sturdy suspension fork for maximum stability.
- Long lasting paint that will last for long.
Buying Guide For Best Mountain Bikes Under 400 Dollars
Buying a good mountain bike can allow you to enjoy the experience to a great extent. Once you have started experimenting with mountain biking, buying a high-quality mountain bike will be a must. There are a lot of types and models available on the market and choosing the appropriate one can be a bit tricky. In this section, we offer some tips that will help you choose the best mountain bike:
The Suspension Type
Rigid bikes are not that common. They are less expensive and easy to maintain. But most riders would rather ride bikes with suspension because they are more comfortable. Hard tail bikes have a front fork that is designed to absorb the shock from the front wheel. In this model, the back wheel will not have suspension. These bikes are not difficult and sometimes have a lockout feature. You can use the lockout when you are comfortable with using a rigid bike. These bikes allow for power transfer between the pedal and the rear wheel. These bikes are excellent for different mountain biking experiences unless when you are going on a downhill trail.
Full suspension bikes feature a front fork and rear shock absorption to keep you comfortable despite the impacts of the trail. This reduces the impact on the rider and gives you a comfortable riding experience. These bikes are great but can lose some of the energy as you ride uphill. These bikes usually can lock out the rear suspension for better power transfer.
The Wheel Size
Wheels comes in different sizes. The bigger the size of the wheel the faster the wheels will go. The wheels will roll easier even through bumps. Smaller wheels will offer maneuver on rough trials but you might not be extra comfortable.
The frame material
When you are looking for a reliable mountain bike that is both durable and fast. Aluminum is one of the most popular materials because it is very lightweight yet very sturdy. Aluminum doesn’t rust or bend even on the toughest trails. This also means that the bike will be fast for a great mountain biking experience.
Carbon steel is another sturdy material that is less expensive than aluminum. If you are willing to buy a reliable mountain bike that won’t break a bank, then you should probably consider buying a carbon steel mountain bike.
Mountain Bike Gears
The number of gears is determined by your fitness level and the type of terrain you are riding. If you are riding through difficult trails and steep hills, you should opt for more gears. If you only ride through flat terrains, then you can get away with a fewer number of gears. This means that your bike will be lighter and easier to control.
The bike size
You should always make sure that the bike is a great fit for your height and weight. A mountain bike that fits very well will increase your level of confidence on the trail. The sizing charts usually correspond to the height. If you are between sizes, it is usually advisable to go a size down rather a size up.
Easy assembly and maintenance
Most mountain bikes will not come assembled. This means that you can easily put yours together easily using a few tools. You might spend more time or even ask for the help of a professional if you are not that experienced. Some bikes can be easily maintained using the least number of bicycle tools. If your bike has quick release wheels, you will be able to maintain it easily.
There is no doubt that you can find the best mountain bikes on the internet. You can easily go through the Best Mountain Bikes under 400 dollars to choose one that is suitable for your needs and abilities. Mountain bikes come in different sizes and materials that are suitable for everybody out there. There are a lot of factors and criteria that will help you choose an appropriate one.
Durability and stability are of great importance. A suspension fork and stable wheels will enable you to ride comfortably and safely. You need to make sure that you are buying a reliable product that won’t break or bend easily. Make sure that your bike is stable even through the roughest terrains. This will help you enjoy your mountain biking experience to the maximum.
This post was last modified on October 7, 2017, 3:41 pm