Best Mountain Bikes Under $2000 – Top 7 Reviewed
You have the ability to get a full-suspension option with some additional features for your mountain bikes within $2000, like improved frame geometry and adequate bike weight. In the case that you need hard-tails, the options are also good.
This price range is reserved for some high-performance bikes that do not have to be flagship models. In some situations, you can easily get the same quality at a better price.
Check out these models and discover the world of high-quality bikes under $2000 that are often designed better than many models with a much higher price tag.
Please note that as an Amazon Affiliate we may earn commission from qualified purchases — thanks for your support!
Quick Answer – Best Mountain Bikes Below $2000
Reviews of Top Mountain Bikes Under 2000 Dollars
Find the perfect mountain bike, which meets up all your necessities is tough, plus the verities of existing mountain bikes raise confusion. Besides, the budget plays a vital role, while you are making your decision.
Often, the bike satisfies your requirement but doesn’t fit in the budget. And when they do fit in the budget, they do not contain your desired features. Therefore, we have a thoughtful list of best mountain bikes under 2000 for you to consider.
1. Diamondback Bicycles Atroz Full Suspension Mountain Bike
The Atrox diamondback bicycles are fully equipped with dual suspensions making them ideal for all types of terrain riding. The front travel fork is RockShox Recon RL 130mm and the rear is Monarch R air making them extremely comfortable.
They come with a hand-built 4-inch travel aluminum alloy frame making them stronger to withstand bumpy rides. You would also find the 1 X 11-speed drivetrain to be simple despite providing you with a wide range of gears.
These gears make the ride smoother and make shifting between them calmer. The bearings are durable with a single pivot with a sealed cartridge. Both the front and the read wheels are equipped with Shimano MT200 disc brakes that are hydraulic to provide solid support in terms of safety.
They are both in the sizes of 180mm making safety the utmost priority for the riders. You can choose between the three sizes with the small at 5’4” – 5’7”, medium at 5’7″ – 5’9″, and the large one being 5’8″ 5’11”.
The total weight of the bicycle is 48.1 pounds making it highly maneuverable. It also comes at an affordable price making it a suitable buy even for beginners who are new to biking.
- Light in weight at only 48.1 pounds
- 11-speed gears making the ride feel smooth and comfortable
- 4-inch travel aluminum alloy is not just light but also extremely durable
- Comes with a dual-suspension of high quality
- Font and rear tires are equipped with 180mm disc brakes
- Comes in three sizes making it suitable for people of most height and weight category
- Price keeps on fluctuating
2. Mongoose Salvo Comp
Anyone who is looking for a smooth off-road ride would find the Mongoose salvo comp an ideal fit for them. It is a mountain bike built with 29” wheel frame and it is made of 100 mm travel aluminum frame.
This build ensures that there is minimum tension while braking on the chains and avoids the chances of a suspension lockout during the process too. You have a variety of shifts provided by the manufacturer with 3×9 drivetrain with Alivio shifters making riding easier on different terrains.
Quick shifting of gears is also made possible with the Shimano Deore/Alivio drivetrain model. The Shimano M365 hydraulic disc brakes on both tires are equipped with 160 rotors to offer speed control while you are riding downhill.
It also has lovely stopping power and all thanks to the dual disc brakes fitted on this bike. The arisun mount bona tires are just about the optimal fit for long, single track rides. Tubeless-ready rims mean that you do not have to change spares if you choose to go tubeless for your rides.
- Light in weight with a total of 38 pounds including basic manufacturer’s accessories
- Dual disc brakes with 160 mm rotors for stopping power and speed control
- Endless adjustment on the suspensions for multiple terrain options
- 3×9 drivetrain with Alivio shifters makes shifting gears smoother
- Tubeless-ready rims with support knobby at 29 x 2.1 inch in diameter and width
- Aluminum frame that is light in weight makes handling the bike easier
- Does not come with a dropper seat post
3. Raleigh Bikes Kodiak 2 Mountain Bike
Raleigh Kodiak 2 mountain bikes come in variants of four sizes namely small which is at 5’3-5’6″, medium at 5’6″-5’9″, large at 5’9″-6′, and the XL at 6′-6’4″. This makes it a comfortable ride for people of all age groups irrelevant of their height or weight.
The serious suspension makes it a good ride even in rough mountain trails and rugged roads. This bike is made with a 6061-alloy frame at 120mm and the suspensions are 27.5+ fork and Sun tour Raidon 32 air making your ride relaxed.
The SRAM NX 1×11 drivetrain offers a smooth shifting of gears while you ride either uphill or downhill along with a great ratio. Front and rear tires of the bike are equipped with Tektro Auriga hydraulic disc brakes.
This means you are provided with a supreme stopping power while riding at high speeds down the hill. The bike is light in weight with a total of just 33.3 pounds. You get a state-of-the-art mountain bike with all necessary fittings to make your mountain biking experience one to remember at an affordable price.
- The bike comes with dual disc brakes for supreme stopping power
- Comes in 4 different size categories suitable for teens and adults
- Extremely good dual suspensions to withstand rocky and tough terrains
- 11 gear shifting at a smooth pace suitable even for beginners
- The 6061-alloy travel frame makes it light in weight and easy for handling
- Light in weight making handling easier for teens at 33.3 pounds
- The rear shock absorber does not have a lockout mode
- No gear position indicator
4. Diamondback Bikes Sync’r 27.5 Hardtail Mountain
The Diamondback hardtail mountain bike comes built with a 6067 aluminum hardtail frame. It has a precision-enhancing boost thru-axle as well built with progressive geometry that enhances mountain riding performance.
The Shimano MT500 model hydraulic disc brakes make stopping on all terrains and downhill speed control an easy task. It comes with a Shimano SLX 1×11-speed drivetrain that makes shifting between gears an easier task even for novice riders.
It comes in three variants namely the hook, line, and sync’r making it suitable for people with different height and weight ratios. The top variant has tubeless tire compatibility that makes it stand out from the competition with 27.5” wheel size.
The sync’r chassis is built with components that are solid which includes a bomber RockShox Recon RL 140mm fork. With a low-slung frame, it makes it suitable for riders of all heights. The bike is suitable for both long-travel and down trails on steep slopes and downhill riding.
You can trust the frame with its capability and compatibility for internally routed dropper posts. The suspensions are good for hard trails and are comfortable on both the wrists and shoulders of the rider.
- 11-speed shift gears are easy to handle for novice riders and beginners
- Dual suspensions are built to withstand rough terrain providing a smooth ride
- The 27.5” wheels are tubeless compatible providing versatility
- Hydraulic brakes on both tires make stopping and controlling speed effortless
- Comes in four size variants of small, medium, large, and extra-large
- Has an all-terrain capability providing riders with supreme comfort
- Does not come with a rear suspension
5. Steppenwolf Tundra Carbon
This model Steppenwolf comes with a durable carbon composite frame. The overall weight of the bike is very low providing great agility with a steep steering angle. It also has a short rear section adding to the already agile mountain bike.
The front fork is RockShox SID XXWC 100 mm remote providing effortless ride on battered trails and rocky slopes. This makes the biker feel easy with no added pressure on the shoulders as well as their wrists. It has an Easton EC90 carbon Seatpost, No. 55 tapered headset, of the design FA SX Pro.
You can rely on the Avid XX 180/180 mm brakes for easy stopping capacity and speed control during downhill rides. This makes safety one of the top aspects of this mountain bike. The tires are Schwalbe Rocket Ron 29×2.25 Evo with DT Swiss X 1450 spline wheels.
The bike is manufactured in Germany with high-quality standards and keeping in mind the efficiency of both the bike and rider. The 4 models are named as Tundra LTD, Tundra Pro, Tundra Race, and Tundra Team LTD.
- 180/185 mm disc brake offers both easy stopping and speed control
- The 100 mm remote fork offers effortless ride powered with agility
- Suitable for all-terrain riding including rocky trails and long rides
- Powered with Schwalbe Rocket Ron 29×2.25 Evo with DT Swiss X 1450 spline wheels
- Comes in 4 variants thus making it suitable people of different heights
- The carbon frame is light in weight and comes with internal cabling
- Does not come with a rear suspension
6. BEIOU® Carbon Fiber 650B Mountain Bike
If you desire to have a bike, which will serve you with the best riding experience through the dirt roads, then the BEIOU Carbon Fiber 650B Mountain bike is the best option with the budget. This is light weighted and strong hardtail MTB, with fork suspension; hidden disc break and multi-gear pedal.
This bike is made with Toray T800 carbon fiber unibody frame, which is the reason for its ultra-light weight and super strength. The BEIOU Carbon Fiber 650B Mountain has an integrated body/350mm/31.6mm.
The wheel dimension and fork is 27.5 inch (wheelset- RT 27.5 professional MTB wheelset / CARBON HUBS) (Fork- USING DH32 /27.5″ Air Suspension Fork). The frame size of the bike is 17”/19”.
This bike will pledge you with the cycling comfort of some other level. The Air suspension fork allows a good downhill suspension travel. The multi-gear pedal facilitates you with the option of selecting the suitable gear shift, for a competent plus comforting ride under any existing circumstance. To add further safety, BEIOU Carbon Fiber 650B bike contains hidden hydraulic disc brake, which offers a safe and improved power breaking, with less force.
The Bottom Bracket part is partly cover T800 and T1000 carbon fiber, maximizing its toughness and the rigidity, this bike is so safe, that you can dance while you speed up. Usually, carbon fiber bikes are very expensive, but you are getting this monster with so many added features.
Features at a Glance
- Well made Ultra-light bike constructedT800 made with Toray T800 carbon fiber unibody frame.
- Inside cable routing, sleekly arranged for a manageable biking.
- Weight is only 10.7 kg
- Hidden Disc Brake, with a hydraulic disc brake.
- Fork suspension with compression damping to help the deliberate spring ride downhill, meanwhile absorb the shock impacts.
- Speed 30, which is pretty good speed.
- Frame size: 17’/19’, with MAXXIS 27.5 inch 1.95 60TPI tire.
- Multi-tool pedal, for convenient gear shift, according to the pace the trait demands.
7. Diamondback Bicycles El Oso Grande Fat Mountain Bike
I am recommending Diamondback Bicycles El Oso Grande Fat Mountain Bike if you are willing to go for an adventure through the snowy; sandy or muddy swamps. You will even be able to ride through the rain forests, with this bike.
You may not consider bulky bikes with plump tires, but if you are not able to pedal deep through the snowy; sandy or muddy swamps location, it’s because you did not have a plump tire bike. Plump tire bikes are considered to be in the expensive range. But this bike is a budget friendly bike, which will fit in your MTBs under 2000 list.
It might be unbelievable, that a bulky mountain bike like this can be of such lightweight. Besides, Diamondback Bicycles – El Oso Grande is constructed with the durable 6061-T6 aluminum frame to preserve the El Oso Grande lively and receptive on difficult trails.
The suspension is excluded from generating a lighter frame overall. SRAM’s X5 compact 10-speed drive train allocates you with an extensive choice of gear ratios to utilize. While you ride through squishy mud and deep snow, the TRP Spyre mechanical disc brakes promise steady and unfailing stopping control when desired.
Features at a Glance
- Frame assembled with 6061-T6 aluminum for a durable finishing.
- The fork is designed DB El Oso Custom alloy, for customized riding comfort.
- Headset: 1-1/8 – 1-1/2 in FSA ACB
- The Shifters come with SRAM X5 (10-speed) for a better gear control ratio
- The front derailleur (SRAM X) polishes the gearing mechanism.
8. BEIOU Carbon Fiber Hardtail Mountain Bike
Being relatively new to the American market, BEIOU has put a lot of emphasis in the manufacture of superb bikes as it tries to outshine the established brands. Whether you`re taking part in a triathlon or you are road cycling, the BEIOU Mountain Bike M610 is just perfect.
Furthermore, it has been artistically designed in a way that you can ride it for hours under different terrains without getting any fatigue or discomfort.
One distinct feature that has the bike become a favorite among riders is its extreme lightweight condition, thanks to the hollow carbon frame and seat. It allows you to carry a fully assembled bike one-handedly. Moreover, the bike is strikingly appealing, thanks to the looming graphics on the carbon. This will unquestionably get you noticed while on a ride.
On the technical side, the bike performs exemplary. If you like blazing through various trails at neck-breaking speed as I do, you will definitely going to love monster. The 30-speed system, featuring the iconic SHIMANO M610 DEORE gearing engages the bike perfectly allowing easy and fast acceleration. This is the main excitement of riding the BEIOU mountain bike.
On the other hand, for effective control measures, the bike has been fitted with a vibrant hydraulic system featuring integrated Shimano components. For specificity purposes, it features Shimano M355 technology for the braking system, which accommodates excellent control and safety.
The pneumatic nature of the front suspension fork provides the much-needed comfort. Additionally, it acts a shock absorber; thus you`ll not feel any rough patches. The MAXXIS 26*1.95 60TPI tires are wide enough to firmly grip different terrain, overcome an obstacle and enable you to negotiate corners perfectly.
Features at a Glance
- 30-speed system, featuring the iconic SHIMANO M610 DEORE for instant acceleration
- Shimano M355 braking system for instant breaking and effective control
- Lightweight, hence you`ll be able to ride it conveniently
- Comfortable and convenient, thanks to the properly positioned seat posts
9. Diamondback Overdrive Comp 29er Mountain Bike
Are you looking for a strong mountain bike? Then look no further. This is one of the best MTB under 2000 because it combines high quality with an affordable price. This bike has a durable aluminum body with a full Deore 2 X10 drivetrain. It is light for its sturdiness, and this means that it will be fast even on the toughest terrains.
The aluminum core is hand-built with butted tubing to combine lightweight with sturdiness and durability. The incredible suspension fork has a high-quality front end for flawless and effortless steering on a smooth ride.
There is no question, that when it comes to the quality of the components, this bike is definitely a winner. There is no need to think twice when you have a full set of 2 X10 shifters with front and rear derailleurs. Precise shifting and high-quality performance will minimize any risk and will improve the quality of your experience.
The wonderful hydraulic disc brakes will offer fast stopping regardless of the condition. This wonderful piece of art has large and reliable wheels that come at 29 inches of diameter for the most comfortable experience regardless of the status of your terrain. The sturdy wheelset features SL7 aluminum double wall rims and 32 hole aluminum hubs.
The wheelset of Diamondback Overdrive Comp 29er Mountain Bike come with highly durable Schwalbe Rapid Rob 29×2.25 tires that will survive any riding experience. The overall tread pattern will lengthen their life, and the Kevlar belt will further protect the tires against puncture no matter where you choose to ride.
All this comes in an excellent bike that weighs 16 KG and offers 20 speeds. This is the best bike if you are looking for a smooth riding experience on a sturdy and light bike.
Features at a Glance
- This bike weighs 16 KG.
- Features 20 speeds.
- A sturdy, durable body made from high-quality aluminum.
- The core is hand built with butted tubing.
- A reliable front fork for smooth steering and wonderful control.
- A full set of 2 X10 shifters.
- Hydraulic disc brakes will allow you to stop fast and comfortably.
- The diameter of the wheels is 29 inches so that they stay stable on any terrain.
- The high-quality tires will have an overall treat pattern and a Kevlar belt against puncture.
10. BEIOU Carbon Dual Suspension Mountain Bicycles
If you need a lightweight bike that combines durability, stability and easy control, then this is the right mountain bike for you. It is one of the most durable with a light and durable 27.5 inches matte and elegant carbon fiber frame, this bike will survive any terrain.
It has a SHIMANO DEORE M610 speed control system that offers ten speeds and a reliable hydraulic braking system. There is no limitation to what you can do on this bike, even going up or down the stairs.
The carbon fiber seat will offer a comfortable riding experience that will ensure the highest levels of satisfaction. This mountain bike comes with a reliable 27.5-inch air suspension fork that will allow you to perfectly control the bike.
This fantastic bike features a professional aluminum wheelset with carbon fiber hubs to minimize issues and to feel comfortable while riding this bike.
With all the internal components made from carbon fiber, there is no other bike that will beat this bike on the road. It is light and focuses on rigidity and stability. The rear triangle part is made from Mitsubishi high-quality carbon fiber which emphasizes the stress on the durability of this fantastic mountain bike.
This bike weighs only 12.7 KG, so it is a true fast beast on any different terrain. You can rest assured while riding this bike because it is quick, easy to control, and made from the best high-quality parts. Moreover, it ships fast and can be available for shipping wherever you are.
Features at a Glance
- A sturdy 27-inch mountain bike.
- An elegant matt finish.
- A sturdy light body made from high-quality carbon fiber.
- A comfortable seat and handlebar made from carbon fiber to maximize comfort.
- Will stay stable on any terrain thanks to the reliable front fork and the fantastic suspension system.
- This is a light bike that weighs only 12.7 KG which means that it is lightweight and easy to control.
- The hydraulic braking system will allow you to stop smoothly regardless of the terrain.
- Has 10 speeds speed control system so that you can enjoy your bike at any condition.
- Durable aluminum wheelsets with carbon fiber hubs that will last for a very long time.
- The perfect combination between light weight, stability, and durability.
What to Consider Before Buying Best Mountain Bikes?
i. Know Your Own Riding Technique
Your riding method will rapidly slim the bike options. Because which bike you should take, totally depends upon your riding technique. As soon as you understand your style, you will be able to filter out your desired features; you demand from a bike.
Understand the difference between hardtail and suspension mountain bike
a) Hardtail: Hardtail mountain bikes have the suspension set only on the front wheel, which assists to decrease the impact on your arms while you struggle trough rough trails. You can go for the hardtail bike, when you fancy a lightweight bike, for a less challenging journey.
b) Full Suspension: It is clear by the name, full suspension bikes have suspension added at both wheels. Although it brings along added dollar and pounds, it also diminishes exhaustion; supplies much more comfort, along with extra control facilities. The extra cost is worth for full suspension bikes.
c) Deciding Between Hardtail and Suspension Bikes: The choice depends upon individual significance. Nevertheless, it is seriously suggested to the beginners, to go for a full suspension for effortless management. But the skilled riders can customize their choice.
ii. The Frame Quality
Frames are typically built with aluminum, carbon fiber, steel, or titanium. So you have to decide according to the weight and the quality of the material, the price also plays an important role here.
iii. Choosing One According to Your Height and Weight
Sometimes the weight bearing feature creates a huge difference, the differences are applicable on seat comfort, riding smoothness, so check the maximum weight it bike can bear.
Because it determines their comfort while riding, among bike riders safety as well as general performance of their bikes. Check out, Guide on How to Fit Yourself on a Mountain Bike Perfectly.
iv. Your Body Requirements
Now, that you understand all the features, you need to learn to bring them to use by choosing the frame and the wheel size synced with your body proportion. If the bike doesn’t fit according to your shape, then you will not be able to enjoy any of the features.
For Frame, you need to focus on your shoulder, legs, and hips. Understand your body ratio, and choose a bike.
For the wheel, it is pretty clear if you are taller go for longer tires.
v. Tire Type
Your desired tire type will depend upon the grip and depth you demand. There are tube and tubeless tires. The weight of the tire also creates a difference.
Heavier tires boost the gyroscopic consequence of the wheel, consequently, the result it to be unwavering on the earth or in the air. Read, What Should You Know About Bike Tires, Before You Buy.
vi. Safety Concerns
This is relating to brakes which are very important. Before you start, you need to know how to bring the bike to a pause; hence, you need a better stopping mechanism, to halt your motion. For this, you need to know, the brake mechanism used for the bike you will purchase.
a) Rim Brake: This is the traditional type of brake. Rim brake has pads that grip on the wheel rim to slow down the bike. The rim brake functions at almost the complete diameter of the wheel, the secure power for a specified quantity.
Rim brake absorbs the impact of the pressures the bicycle created during braking, abounding the shock on the fork and frame. The rim brakes are moderately safe for velocity direction on long, downhill runs.
But it is often said to avoid the rim brake on muddy roads as it cannot offer much stopping force, it’s less effective especially in damp conditions.
b) Disc Brakes: Disc brake uses calipers to clutch a pairs of pads adjacent to a disc intending to produce friction that holds back the revolving of a tube, this how speed decreases to stays stable.
The Hydraulic disc brakes are normally used for bikes. The disc brakes are a better stopping device and support to finish a safe journey. This is the best brake and is a must for downhill, uphill or through soft land travel.
I will jump into directly suggest multi-gear shifts, for the verity during biking, especially for mountain bikes. Mountain bikes move up and downhill, for which you will need different gear ratio, so please go for the multi-gear shift, for a customized ride.
This is available for a comfortable ride synced with the terrain.
viii. Checking the Accessories
ix. Be Aware of Your Own Budget
Make a budget, make a complete checklist of features and mechanisms you need, and then looking accordingly to your budget and demand. Trust me this will narrow down your confusing.
You may like Infographic about How to Choose the Best Mountain Bike?
Now, it’s the time to end the guide for best mountain bikes under $2000. Thank you for sticking with this article till the end. I hope this will help you to choose your own mountain bike.
So, go ahead hit the road without any fear. Those challenges are waiting for you and your mountain bike is ready to face them.