Cateye Strada 410 Digital Wireless Computer Review
With the continuous improvement in technology bike computers technology, there has also been an increase in the number of bike computers on the market making it difficult for enthusiasts like me to keep up. Every day, we have consumers asking us new questions on some new device I’ve never heard of.
In fact, the number has gone up that we decided to follow up on some of the devices that stay longer than 18 months in the market and found very few survive mainly because of these two reasons:
- Cycling is a brutal sport. When these devices are exposed to the harsh weather conditions, change in altitude and the rugged terrain of the mountains and hills, they fail within a short time. As a result, most clients switch back to their already tested and worked devices and consequently, the manufacturers are forced to stop producing the devices.
- Secondly, it’s very easy to market a device by writing down an excellent review of it, but it becomes very difficult for you to deliver the same results in real life.
Please note that as an Amazon Affiliate we may earn commission from qualified purchases — thanks for your support!
Cateye Strada 410 Digital Wireless Computer Review With Detail Features
The Cateye Strada 410 Digital Wireless Computer displays and records changes in temperature as you ride through areas with varying temperatures. It also can display the altitude, which is calculated through a barometric sensor for improved accuracy as compared to a GPS-based altimeter.
Moreover, you can get basic information such as your current speed, the distance you have covered and your trip distance. All this information can be upload to your Cateye Strada 410 Digital Wireless Computer database after your journey and share this information with other people.
At 5 ounces and just over 4.5 inches tall, the device is smaller than your typical mobile phone but larger than some of the bike computers on the market. Its touch screen is pressure based and will work in areas with varying weather conditions. This way, you can use the device in any weather condition without having to switch to other devices. However, the device’s screen isn’t as responsive as your smartphone’s screen. You may have to apply a little more pressure when scrolling through the screen.
Its 4.2V batteries rated at 15 hours when fully charged. This is a disappointing figure as models with lower features and performance have up to 20 hours of battery life. However, this low battery life can be attributed to the fact that this devices’ performance features require so much power to effectively and efficiently function. Nevertheless, this 15-hour battery life should just be enough to see you through most of the rides.
I think this is the best selling feature of the Cateye Strada 410 Digital Wireless Computer. It has a sealed and waterproof design which enables you to continue with your ride during rainy or foggy weather conditions without having to worry about the damage that will befall the gadget. Moreover, this feature protects the internal parts from damage and consequently use the device for long without having to replace it.
Interconnectivity with Other Devices
You can connect the digital wireless computer with the pedal power sensors, pedal cadence and ANT+ heart rate. This, in fact, will provide you with real-time data on your progress in training. From the data obtained, you can make the necessary adjustments to achieve the optimum results.
- With the ability to record temperature, you will be able to tell if you are sweating as a result of the workout or as a result of the weather.
- With the pressurized touch screen, you can easily use your gloves to scroll back and forth the screen.
- The waterproof feature makes this device an all-weather device.
- The 15-hour battery life means that you will have to charge it daily for use. If you are in a remote setting, you will need to have extra batteries.
- Lack of privacy as a result of other people being able to see your location through the GPS.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Q: How can I change the settings of my device to the original configuration?
A: The best way to do this is by pushing in the reset button on the device. If can’t seem to understand, you could use the instructions manual.
Q: The device’s GPS reads my power Cal but falls asleep after a few minutes, what could be the problem?
A: Ensure that you have checked the record control on the joule. This can be found in the main menu and under the device memory. Set it to begin recording by either heart rate or speed.
Honestly, the Cateye Strada 410 Digital Wireless Computer device is unmatchable and from my professional point of view, I don’t see the need for purchasing another second road bike computer device. Its overall size, weight and usability make the device among the top recommended devices by the reviewing sites.